Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I have to tell you something.

I'm one of "those people". Not the conservative homeschooling type. I'm one of those, but that's no big deal. Nope, this is something I kinda took for granted that I'd never become. All those years growing up, watching commericals about this, asking the consumer if they've fallen victim to this malaise. I laughed. I joked. I didn't think I'd be counted amongst this group. I am, in fact, a statistic now.

I have dishpan hands.

And I don't even own a dishpan!!!!

According to the www.examiner.com, in 2006, 26 percent of Americans said they could not handle having dishpan hands, so they purchased dishwashers.

Um, me too.

And yet, it remains.

Maybe, "dishpan hands" really isn't the best name for this. In this age of enlightened political correctness, aka, reword absolutley everything so you don't piss off absolutley anyone, I should come up with a more meaningful name.

How about "dehydrated epidermus of the right middle phalange?"

Or how about just plain old, "cracked and sometimes bleeding and kinda inflamed and really painful right middle finger knuckle."

I'd show you a picture of it, but in order to isolate said "phalange", well, lets just say some might construe it to be a rude gesture.

And this isn't that kind of blog.

So, I've been doing the "neosporin and bandaid" thing, and the "lanolin and sock" thing and now I'm doing the "rubber gloves while doing dishes" thing, but what about changing diapers and making food and washing hands and scrubbing the kitchen floor (okay, okay, I just had to throw that in there to make me look good)? Maybe I should wear one glove all day and look like Michael Jackson?

Oooh, I could bedazzle it....

Anyway.

I saw a woman at the grocery store today wearing white gloves, like the type women used to wear out simply because they walked out of the house. Maybe she's got "cracked and sometimes bleeding and kinda inflamed and really painful right middle finger knuckle," too.

Now I feel bad for thinking she looked kinda strange.

Hmmm.

Maybe I should start a foundation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ann,

My dad swears by Udder Cream (http://www.uddercream.com/). I'm not sure where you can get it around here though?