
Roar.
In like a lion, out like a lamb.
Nope, its not March yet, but it is a new year. And I feel like I've brought in like a huge, scary lion.
All I've been doing lately is roaring.
Laundry not put away? Roar.
Mud all over the floor? Roar.
Yelled at your brother? You guessed it. Roar.
I was (ever so gently) reminded by the Holy Spirit of that reading in 1Corinthians, about love. You know that famous one, Love is Patient, Love is Kind...
When I was younger, I used to roll my eyes in a, "Yeah, yeah, yeah..." sort of way whenever I heard that reading. Really, it was on the back of every greeting card, second only to the "Footprints" poem.
But these days, those words mean so much more to me.
I'm not patient, I'm not kind, I'm not hoping in all things, especially when it comes to my children.
I am a clanging gong.
I'm guessing that those people who live in areas where they hear lions roaring off in the distance get used to it. Unfortunatley, in many cases, I think my children are used to my roaring, too.
How sad.
Here's to turning over a new leaf this year. Here's to becoming more like a lamb. Like The Lamb.
2 comments:
Hello!
This was my first time trying Five Minutes, so going and reading the person's before me is a wonderful experience! I love how you're so open in your writing! And, I know how you feel, since I have a tendency to roar with my son, and am often in need of more lamb moments! I enjoyed your Five Minutes very much!
Thanks!
Mandy
i just want to speak grace over you, friend. and i am praying you'll have grace for yourself as your roar becomes that of a strong, soft confident mother.
Post a Comment