Lots going on around here. Nothing earth shattering, but man, the days are full, even if its full of me standing in the middle of the kitchen, pulling my hair, saying, "I don't know what to do next and why did you go stinky in your pants again???" Just thought I'd give a rundown post to say "hey y'all" and try to get back on track. A brain dump, if you will. :)
1. The house is a wreck. Oops, sorry, you wanted news, right? ;) Seriously, starting with the end of this post, I'm hitting up bedrooms with trashbags and a vendetta and I'm cleaning house. Once I get something done, I'll feel better about doing the things I WANT to do.
2. I want to finish some furniture. I've got two chairs from the Salvation Army that I bought last year and spray painted, but never made covers for the seats. Then my darling children destroyed the caning. I have a great idea for making slipcovers, but I have to a. have the space to do this b. have the time to do this c. feel justified in doing it because I've got the house cleaned up and other duties taken care of. Hmm. I know! We're heading to Mass on Saturday night, so maybe I can do it on Sunday when the hubs is home! Great!! Now, I need to get myself to the fabric store by myself. I'll post pics when I'm done, pinky promise!
3. I want to finish some furniture and sell it. You know, in all that spare time I have. I'd love to paint furniture, start a blog, and sell to local customers. What a fun creative outlet that would be! I've thought (ever so briefly) about investing a small sum into this, and then seeing if I could grow it at my own pace. No orders, nothing custom, just me doing it for fun and seeing if anyone wants to buy it. Thinking, I'm thinking, I'm thinking......
4. I've got two boys who refuse to potty train and I need to change some pants, but I'm still writing.....
5. Everyone seems to be finishing school but us. Really, that's why I'm so desperate to get this place done, becasue I'm suffocating in clutter and an undecorated, uninspired mess. I'm ever so uber visual that I need to enjoy my surroundings, and this just isn't cutting it for me. Gotta get past my perfectionism and just jump in with both feet. The Nester is awesome about that, and I gotta do it.
Okay, gonna run now-I've got an adorable little guy begging for a "tut-ie? (cookie) Can't say no. I'll be back with pics of my accomplishments, if at all possible! Say a prayer to St. Anthony for me, I can't find my camera! :p
2 comments:
I can tell you are visual...your blog looks awesome! And if makes you feel better...we aren't done yet either :)
Thanks, Kacky :) I have to keep remembering that I'm not doing school at home, and it doesn't have to be perfect!!
Post a Comment