Ah, my poor little neglected blog. How are you?
So, that title is clear as mud, eh? I've lately fallen victim to being an "XBox Widow", and as it turns out, for all the fun Jon has playing shoot 'em up in his mancave, whilst chatting with his homey (on a microphone that looks a lot like the headpiece that came with Alex's astronaut Halloween costume last year), he misses me.
Awwwwwww.
He suggested that I play on his laptop while he hunts down "the enemy," whoever that might be. All I know is that if I pay too much attention to what's going on in my periferal, I'm gonna hurl. That would be the motion sickness part.
But we're together.
No, you may not leave to get tomatoes out of your fridge to hurl at me. I won't notice, and besides, it will make your keyboard all sticky. Uck.
Lets see, new things as of late. I ran into someone I used to work with yesterday at Wegmans. It was great to see her, but I have to laugh. The last time I ran into her was about four years ago. At Wegmans. I'm telling you, there's something about that place....
Oh good, Jon's team won. So proud am I.
Brrrrr, its cold down here. Don't tell the hubs, but I might turn the mancave into a root cellar.
Did I mention that James wants to name the baby Chandelier if its a girl? No strippers in this family, my dear, and with a name like that, you're not exactly destined for the convent.
Its actually behaving like spring around here, which is a rarity for NOVA. I predict 90 degree weather by the end of next week.
Let see, I decided that I hate all my maternity clothes so I got some new stuff at Old Navy.
Okay, here's a thought for you. On thier website, under "intimate apparel," 'cause I needed new sleepwear, I came across maternity thongs.
C'mon.
Now, I know some people swear up and down that these are the most comfortable things they've ever made themselves victim to, but I've never been able to cross over. Believe me, I've tried, but I just can't get over the feeling of having a permenant wegie that you can't do anything about. Being pregnant is uncomfortable enough. Why the torture? When I'm a good 40-some odd inches around at my WIDEST, visable panty lines are the furthest thing from my mind.
Besides, isn't a thong what got many of us in this situation in the first place?
Just a thought, ladies, just a thought.
Okay, now that Jason has logged off (hee hee hee hee hee)
Alright, kids. It seems that the longer I go between posts, the fewer pity remarks I have to make. I'll be back. Maybe soon. Tomorrow, I'm braving it while taking all four kids to soccer, while Jon goes to a seminar for the diocese with a cop friend to help them identify sexual predators and protect the kids in their cub scout troops.
I did this last year. They'll come back changed men. Especially b/c one of the...um...sigh...men who is interviewed explained what type of little girls he targeted. That would be my little girl. It still makes me sick.
Okay, puppy dogs, rainbows, koala bears.......
I'm heading off. Back soon!!
4 comments:
Ladies, don't keep tomatoes in your fridge. They lose wonderful flavenoids once they drop below 40 degrees, and you can never get that back! (Of course I'm pretending that you have beautiful home-grown tomatoes that have ripened on the vine and actually contain said wonderful flavenoids in the first place. If you bought your tomatoes at the grocery store, they were probably picked before they were ripe and then artificially turned red with carbon dioxide which changes the color without changing the nature and/or flavor of the fruit. This warning to avoid the chill chest still applies if you bought your produce at Whole Foods, however!)
No, I don't watch too much Alton Brown, why?
The mere mention of the term, "chill chest" made it quite clear that you watch too much AB.
Just like me. :)
I can't believe Jason hasn't chimed in on this post! Especially since the comments reference Alton Brown! AB is Jason's hero.
Maternity thongs. Why??????
Oh, Anne! Thanks for a delightful read at the end of a less-than-delightful day!
Post a Comment