Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm So Over The Wildlife In Our Yard.

This is me.




This was me yesterday sitting on my front porch.




Apparently, these things have been nesting over my front door.



But they act more like this:





Causing me to go into this mode:




I sweetly called the hubs at work once I made it safely inside to request that he ever so gently remove the nest of baby birds and TORCH IT.

I'll feel better on Saturday.

5 comments:

Torey said...

So are you killing baby birds now? I thought you told me that baby birds were "so cute". Now, I have always been slightly creeped out by birds, but I probably couldn't bring myself to removed nests or anything. :)

By the way, I love all the pictures you found to go along with your story. So funny. :)

Anne McD said...

Yeah, I cheered last night as Jon threw clumps of mud at them (stupid birds didn't even flinch when he just missed them), but then when he turned the hose on them, I was practically jumping up and down with excitment. The first one out of the nest actually flew into the inside of the portico before flying off. Then, the lame one jumped.

Sigh.

As Jon pointed out, at least it had enough flying ability to gracefully make it to the ground before it scampering into the flowerbed. And when I started to feel some compassion for the little creature, Jon once again reminded me that these are rodents with wings that are making a mess of our house and attacking us. So, I don't feel so bad anymore:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne,

We had birds nesting near our front door. After asking at a home repair shop, we found out they HATE aluminum foil. Sure enough, my husband removed the nest (while there were no birds in it) and put a couple of large pieces of aluminum foil there. This was years ago and they have NEVER returned. Hope this helps. Love the stories you tell on your blog!

Stephanie K.

Angela Pfister said...

I love Hitchcock films, but "The Birds" seriously gives me the creepy crawlies! Two thumbs up on the pics!

Anne McD said...

Stephanie, that's brilliant! I told Jon about that and he's going to give it a try first-- far less trouble than our idea!

Angela, don't come to my house yet. I swear, these things are out to get us. They're back up there now, and one of them made it into the garage.