Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Do you watch The Office?

Then here's my question to you -- when Dunder Mifflin was bought out by the printer company, did the show "jump the shark?" And, is it me, or does the entire office seem really dumb now, like they've all taken on on the same persona. And the whole receptionist/sales guy romance thing.... where have I seen that before? I don't know, its too hard* to say. I mean, I really like it*, but its not as great as everyone says it is*. I don't know, I could go both ways*.....


So. Lost is on tonight. I'll either be organizing papers or folding laundry while wathing it. We usually watch it in the dark downstairs, because the glare on the screen bothers Jon, but that REALLY creeps me out, so we have to follow it up with an episode of King of the Hill or s/t on HGTV to 'wash my brain'.

Anyway, there's lots of snow and I've seen a lot of the hubs lateley. Which has been very nice. I think he gets my frustration of our day a bit more, because we don't do the normal "weekday" stuff on the weekends, but I try really hard to keep going when he is home during the week. Personally, I have a problem with jumping ship with ideas when they're not going as well as I had hoped, which is both homeschooling at its best, and a recipe for disaster when you start working on something without a plan. Oh well.

Gotta run-- I have to pick up this mess I call an office and start getting the kiddoes to bed. Bye!!

(*that's what she said!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOL!!!!!! I was like, "What the heck's with all the asterisks?!" Great surprise ending with the explanation! Yes, I do watch The Office - I was just thinking after watching the Sabre Co. buyout of Dunder Mifflin, did I miss an episode or two? Not sure what direction the show is going in. I'm sure they'll have the Pam gives birth episode pretty soon - she looks huge. But after that? I don't see what they're going to do. And Andy and Receptionist chick don't seem like a match at all. What's that about!? You're right, been there, done that already. I will say that it cracked me up to no end to see what David Wallace is up to since losing his job! That was hysterical. "Suck it!" Yeah, I still watch it, don't know if it's jumped the shark quite yet, but we'll see. I also have been watching all the NBC Thursday prime-time shows. Do you ever watch Parks & Recreation or Community? Those are the new shows that always have really funny parts in evry show. I also like 30 Rock alot. (Is this comment too long yet? I feel like Lauren.) Anyway, regarding your last weekends in Feb. question from a different post, I'll have to ask Jason and give you a call. I'm not sure that either one of us can get anywhere outside of this area until maybe mid-May! :) But we will do something soon! Oh, and little kid tip of the day: in 2 feet of snow or more, when they keep getting stuck, tell them to crawl, they get around in the snow MUCH easier while crawling on top of it rather than trying to navigate standing up! OK! Think that should be about all I have for you for now! Enjoy the 40 degree "thaw" today! :)

Torey said...

Kinda thought they "jumped the shark" with the wedding episode. I'm a little behind in my viewing. . . just watched the HR interview guy from the buyout company episode and it totally stunk (just a bunch of flashback montages?) How dumb. Have to watch a few more episodes to catch up, but I'm quickly losing interest.

lj tanner said...

What on earth is Bridget talking about? I am always concise and thrifty in my word selection too. Wait a minute...