Friday, February 5, 2010

Don't Ask, I Won't Tell

...where I've been all this time. Nope, not gonna do it. I've been sitting in my own little world, not writing any of this daily life down. Maybe I should-- it will be fun to read in a few years.

Okay, to catch up:

1. We're in the midst of the biggest snowstorm, um, like EVER here in NOVA. Maybe up to 30 inches. That's nuts. People are agag. AGAG, I tell you! Personally, I avoided the supermarkets yesterday (lest I be trampled by a person with a cart full of 25 rolls of toiletpaper, 16 gallons of milk, and the last of the crunchy peanut butter because in these parts, snowstorms are akin to armageddon....), but a friend told me that at Safeway she heard an announcement over the loudspeakers suggesting people check out the wine and beer aisle before they're snowed in.

Heaven knows, we need our alcohol to get through tough times like this. :)

2. I was watching a few minutes of the Ellen show a few days ago, and as Will watched her dance around the stage for a few minutes, he looked at me and asked, "what hims doing?"

Exactly.

3. Katie is in ballet. Picture to follow. So. Sweet. And, I get to go to the library with a friend for an hour and vetch about everything and giggle in the stacks and we haven't been yelled at yet for not using our library voices. Cheaper than therapy, I tell you.

4. Ben's so damn cute I could eat him up. He's earing a santa hat right now, adn eating his hands. That means one thing-- teeth. That means another thing-- chewing on mommy. Ouch.

5. Last summer, I swore I wouldn't get involved in our homechool's group in terms of planning or leading anything. I have a science class to help prepare for and a Lenten retrat to help put together. Never, ever, EVER go to a meeting pregnant. You do crazy things that later make you question your judgement.

6. I have no idea when the Superbowl is. Or the Olympics. I need to turn the TV on broacast channels more often, besides Lost.

7. Oh, My, Word! Are you watching Lost? Sputter, sputter, I don't know what to say or add. Honestly, I didn't want to watch it. It always creeps me out while I'm watching it, but love love love to discect it later. I know, I'm crazy.

8. Jon made good on a threat, and after Alex ran off to his bedroom to escape a timeout this afternoon, his bedroom door was taken off the hinges. Its currently in Katie's closet. I'm not sure, but if she opens it, it might lead to Narnia......

9. T. S. Elliot doesn't know what he's talking about. February is the cruelest month.

10. I hear Jon putting the kids to bed, so I'd better exit stage right and get Will down. Catch ya later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

February IS the cruelest month! Hate it! So glad to see you posting again! Hope you continue to post updates. You guys should come over soon! You know, after we all dig out from under this storm! :) So, I went to Target thursday night and had to laugh because they were out of TATER TOTS! I had to buy (gasp!) generic "potato puffs." Crazy people. Anyway, have fun in the snowy aftermath!

Anne McD said...

Ack! No tater tots? Didn't they know this was coming?? :)

We do need to get together!! How's the last two weekends in Feb? Drop me an email, and we'll get this party started!