Monday, February 20, 2012

Ramblings

So, I just asked Ben if he was stinky (it was quite obvious) and he answered as usual, "no.  Will."  I'm glad to see he's already blaming his brother for his own messes.

It looks like we're finally going to put some paint to wall today and knock out the office.  It will be blue.  Not just blue, but BLUE.  I'll post pics when its done, because I'm kinda impressed with myself that I'm going this bold.  Then again, this could be an epic fail.  I'll keep ya posted.

Can you believe that Lent is starting in a mere two days?  I was at Safeway the other day and saw in thier circular that they advertised fish for sale for Lent.  Maybe they should have a "Catholic" section in the store, between "Kosher" and "Organic."  I guess an endcap would make more sense since its seasonal and all.

I've been really trying to observe "no meat on Fridays" outside of Lent since we're supposed to sacrifice something and as ironic as it sounds, this is easier to do.  I served a seafoood ravioli and lobster bisque.  At one point I looked up from our meal and said to Jon, "This just doesn't seem like a sacrifice to me." 

Okay.  Off to change a stinky diaper, and then off to pick up the three oldest from a friend's house.  Maybe I'll be checking in from my blue office next time! :)

No comments: