Friday, June 22, 2007

Oh baby

Well, last night's conversation with regards to our newest one was so funny, I had to share.

First of all, we don't have a girl's name yet. I'm starting to get concerned, and refuse to go to the hospital on the off chance that we might acutally have a girl on our hands! Our boy name is William Wallace-- can we get more Scottish than that?? It just fits! So inspiration hit last night, and we hit up Google for some good Scottish girls name (hey, Torey-- you've got one, by the way! :) ). But alas, we couldn't find one that said "me! me! me!"

Then, Jon found Ailsa. Interesting name, yes, but it was the meaning that got his attention:

"Elf Warrior"

You've got to be kidding me. I've already got three little elf warriors running around the house now, do I need a designated one, too? Just for fun, I thought maybe I'd check to see if there was an actual St. Ailsa. Um, yeah, but its not Catholic-- its a character from World of Warcraft.

I've got to draw the line somewhere, folks! "Yes, its a beautiful name-- its from one of the most addictive video games known to man!" (smile).

Then there's the new interpretation on the whole pregnancy. Its been a runing joke with us that there is no baby b/c every time the little one starts kicking and I grab for Daddy to feel this, s/he stops. EVERY TIME. They all did this to him-- they start early when it comes to messing with his head! So last night, Jon told me that he thinks its a pot roast.

That makes me a crock pot.

Just put in the roast for nine months on low and keep it well hydrated . . . .


I don't think I could be married to anyone else . . . .

1 comment:

kathleen golden said...

Hmmm... if you're cooking a pot roast maybe you should call the baby, er, roast, Elsie!