Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Really, it was an honor just to be nominated . . .

. . . but I'm thrilled with the award. There I was in the dairy section at Wegmans, directing the four year old who was pushing the toddler in the stroller, while trying to keep the six year old from running someone over with our cart (all while seven months pregnant, I'll add) when an older gentleman stopped his cart, held out his hand (in a bestowing kind of way) and said, "There she is, Woman of the Year."

Blush.

At the time, all I could do was smile, say thank you and humbly accept my award. Now that I've had time to reflect, I believe a few thank you's are in order:

1. To my personal trainer, aka "Baby"-- without you, I wouldn't have this killer bod. Thanks kiddo!

2. To my managers-- I don't know where I would be today without Alex, James and Katie, directing, nay, dictating my every move, day and night, for the past (nearly) six years. You have helped make me the woman I am today.

3. Finally, to my husband, without whom, none of this would be happening now. Luv ya, babe!

Of course, I'm happy to relinquish my title in 24 hours, so that another deserving woman can experience the joy of being recognized for her hard work. But for now, I'm relishing it.

And I'm keeping the tiara.

No comments: