Monday, July 2, 2007

We welcome your comments . . .

See, here I was, thinking no one was commenting at all on my blog, and sure enough, I'm just too thick-headed to realize that I messed with the settings so that I have to "approve" them first.

Mea Culpa.

But I'm going ahead with this meme anyway. :) Here's what I figure. The way this thing works, is that someone in blogland is supposed to tag you, you answer the questions, and then tag more people to do this on their blogs. However, no one with a blog really knows me, and I don't really know anyone with a blog.

You'd think this would be a problem, but no.

READER, CONSIDER YOURSELF TAGGED!!!!! :)

I'll answer 8 random facts about myself, and if you read this post, then you have to leave a comment with a random fact about yourself. Just one. Think of the sacrifice I'm doing for you! I ask for so little in return . . .

1. Okay, I'll start with a really weird one. At a young age, I assigned (or rather, just always sensed) specific genders to every letter and number. Seriously: A, K, O, P, Q, R, S, V, X, Y, Z are all female, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, N, T, U, W are all male; 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10 are male, 2, 4, 9 are female.

2. The very things that drove my parents nuts about me when I was little are the very things that make my teeth itch when my children do them; in particular, sniffing instead of blowing your nose, and picking scabs. Blech.

3. To this day, I mentally coreograph ice skating routines to music that I hear and think is "worthy" of ice skating.

4. Ten years ago, within the span of a couple of days, I was photographed with both the current pope (JPII) and the next pope (Ben. XIV).

5. My oldest child and I share the same birthmarks in the exact same places.

6. While I have one of the worst memories on the face of the earth, I can remember some of the most random details about a person when I first meet them, most especially details about what they were wearing.

7. I don't have a middle name, but I have two confirmation names (okay, most of you probably know that, but I'm running out of ideas here . . . )

8. If talent weren't a question, and I had the option of doing anything else in the world, my dream would have been to star on Broadway.

There you have it-- me in a nutshell. Maybe it explains a few things? Maybe I admitted too much . . . but hey! now YOU have to respond!

I know you're reading, because you've all told me you are -- so let's hear it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I thought I was the only one to assign genders to numbers and letters! How funny is that?

OK, for something weird about me...

OK. I count numbers on the clock until I get it down to a single number. For example: If it's 4:09PM. I add the 4 and 9, which comes out to 13. Then I add the 1 and 3 from the 13 and come out with 4. Don't ask me why I do this, I just do. Maybe it has to do with passing the time during nursing of the baby. I don't know. I am just a very time-oriented person.

How's that?

Anne McD said...

You know what, I do the same thing! Maybe its a mark of our brilliance . . .

Anonymous said...

Okay Sis - I've got one...

I'm into Desperate Housewives AND I'm a regular reader of the Wall Street Journal.

Not good enough?

When I'm walking I tend to make up a special musical beat to go with the rythym of my steps.

Anne McD said...

Its kinda like that commerical-- what's it for, Dasani? Does John Stamos check you out in your mind as you're walking to the beat, too? :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll give this a try. Regardless of where I lay my head at night (home, hotel, strange couch at the YMCA rec hall) I have to sleep next to a table of some sort. Don't put me next to open space or I lose what little orientation I have. I do know the genesis of this oddity, though. It comes from wearing glasses nearly since infancy (3 yrs old and stylin' baby) and wanting them right next to me so that I can actually see when I wake in the morning (or wee-hour-of-the-morning depending on the whims of the surviving-parenthood-by-a-shoestring gods).

Yes, I do realize that this post sounds like a poor attempt at the very unique comedic stylings of one annemcd, but it's what came to mind at 1 am.

Also, I know the name of every single stuffed animal in this house. (This does not include the unnamed which inevitably are called by their species.) You must understand that this is really verging on some kind of clinical mental illness as there are well nigh 100 or more said dolls in this house. In fact, some are mine from when I was little that I kept for my own children since I knew that they would enjoy them just like I had. Little did I know that they would spontaneously clone under the beds at night and overflow the multiple cabinets/shelves that were to hold them. I brought it on myself is what I'm saying.

I bid thee good evening, and thanks for the laughs!

Anne McD said...

You mean, you've attained toy clonage in your house, too?? I really don't understand what all the fuss is about in the news . . .