Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The day came

We've always keep scouting in the back of our minds as something we thougth Alex might enjoy, and a few weeks ago after Mass, we noticed that our parish was starting up a new troop. So we pounced. Aparently, a lot of kids did! We've got a bunch of dens going and they've started den meetings. Of course, I roped Jon into this immediately. And of course, he went resolved to not volunteer for anything.

Nothing.

He would not lead anything.

He's Alex's den leader.

Hee hee hee hee hee.

I'm loving this.

But this is what I really love:





Alex has been pouring through his Wolf Scout handbook, doing all the assignments, feats of strenth, etc. James, who's too young for Tiger Scouts, still got his handbook for next year, and has already started memorizing oaths and mottos.

This is too cute.

(P.S.-- Thanks, Bridget, for explaining what I was doing wrong with my pictures!!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!

I also heard about that in our Church, is it too late to get Michael involved? I never really looked into it, so I have no idea what ages, etc. are involved. I really need to call you again soon!

Anonymous said...

PS - You are welcome on the picture posting issue! And, I have to say, Jon looks so cool in his Boy Scouts gear! He's gotta love it!

Anne McD said...

Jon really does love it. I don't think he thougth he would, but he's having a great time!

Michael is 3rd grade, right? They're actually trying to get a troop together for that age, but they didn't have enough people. Give me a call or send me an email, and I'll pass along some names and numbers:) He'll love it(and so will Jason!-- I think that was the main problem, they had no one to lead it-- would J be interetsed?? ;)

Torey said...

I love that picture. Jon, khaki really is your color. ha, ha. I bet he feels like a zookeeper every time he dons the uniform. Then again, it probably is like zookeeping, trying to keep a room full of little boys in order and on task!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Michael is in 3rd grade. As far as Jason goes...I don't know! :)