Friday, October 8, 2010

And I thought all I left at Safeway was the porkchops.

Busy, busy morning today. After the sweet little thing that Ben is kept me up until 2(freakin')am this morning, I dragged my sorryness out of bed around 8 ish as Jon was heading out the door. (Side note: every morning, I remember hearing Dr. Phil ask something about "do you want your husband's last image of you in the morning to be you all sleepy, wrapped up in a robe with a crease from the comforter across your face?" Still doesn't get me showered early in the am. Oh well.)

Anywhoo, I still managed, with the help of a cup of coffee, to get up, make breakfast, shower, throw on makeup, and get the kids out the door for clubs.

We were ten minutes late, but who's counting. 2.a.m., people.

So, with the big kids settled in thier clubs, I brought Will to his, and really, he's not there yet. Not interested in the other kids, won't let me leave, so I decided not to push it and brought him on my "errands" around church. First stop, the office, to sign up the kids for CCD.

Can I just tell you what a CCD slacker I am? Its already October, the kids have been meeting for two months, and though I'm doing the homeschool option, I still have some makeup work to do. Gotta do it, though, so I filled out my sheet and reached into my purse for my wallet.

My wallet?

What the.... um, where's my wallet?

I'm not panicking yet. No reason to. I misplace this thing enough. First stop, the car. Hmmm, not there. Okay, load the littles up, drive home and check the kitchen. Okay, not there, either. Not good. Really, I know what happened. Last night, when I went to Safeway and lost my porkchops, I didn't bring my whole purse with me. I grabbed my wallet and left. Yep. Left it in Safeway, more like it.

After storming Heaven with petitions to find it (intact), and explaining to a couple of kids outside the store that I recognized from Church that I might not be able to give to the food pantry because I'm without access to any money at the moment, I made my way to Customer Service. Wouldn't you know it, it was there, nothing missing, no fuss, no muss. He didn't even check my license. I think Eduardo recognized me. I don't know how, without my entire entourage and all.

In short, we're singing the praises of good people today. The good people of Safeway, who might not be able to be tracked down to fill balloons, or who might not make sure you get all your bags, but they do make sure to hang on to your wallet. Without stealing the $3.57 inside.

2 comments:

Angela Pfister said...

So glad you're back to the blog, Anne! I love the new look, too; it's very whimsical.

Anne McD said...

Thanks, Angela! I really liked this one, too. :)