Thursday, October 7, 2010

Where the heck is my dinner?!

Has anyone seen my porkchops? Because I can't find them.

Seriously.

I went to Safeway with all the kiddoes after their one-day-a-week school, against my better judgement, and decided on porkchops.

Yes, porkchops, the All-American, "other" white meat. Hadn't had them in awhile, and I was sure it would be appreciated by the hubs.

Sorry hubs. Can't find them anywhere.

They're not in the kitchen, not in the car, Safeway swears they don't have them, but something tells me the person in line behind me got home and said, "hmmmm, I don't remember buying porkchops...."

Its because you didn't. Now pay it forward. Buy someone a roast next week, and then try to figure out what the heck you can put together in under an hour for a crew that swears they're hungry but can't for the life of them tell you what they want. One of whom has a cub scout meeting to go to. He must be fed. The hubs, too. He's the assistant. Needs his strenght. Would have come in the form of pork tonight, but nope, I'm working a miracle with the ground beef in the freezer (because its quick) and the potaotes on the stove (because they were done).

I wonder if I made the meat in the shape of a porkchop and did the whole onion, applesauce thing anyway, if anyone would really notice?

Hmmmmm......

No comments: