Outside my window... another beautiful day! I want to keep the kids outside as much as possible, but there is so much to do inside. Time to start motivating them!
I am listening to... the kids watching Redwall Abbey on DVD. I like being able to have more control over what they are watching now, and I'm hoping that they'll like the book a second time around, now that they've seen the movie. The really seem to like it!
I am thinking... about Thomas Jefferson Education, again. I'm reading a book I borrowed from a friend, and it a bit of a leap of faith to educate someone with this philosophy, because its so different from the way we've all been educated. I'm still thinking on it....
From the kitchen... not a clue! I went shopping yesterday to get "food", but is not "dinner food". Still need to sit down and make those meal plans!
From the learning room.... um, still need to finish that job!
Living the Liturgical Year at Home... I got my copy of The Twelve Apostles in the mail on Saturday! I'd like to read it with the kids, and do some sort of craft on the fruits of the Holy Spirit. We'll see how it goes!
I am wearing... my jammies :) I've got to start getting up early and getting ready, but really, do I have to???
I am reading... Leadership Education, about the Thomas Jefferson Education. You know, in my spare time! Also, I'm reading Pride and Prejudice (the actual book, not just on my phone!) and its so cute! I'm actually reading a little bit more now, but I did tell Jon last night that I do miss the tv a bit. :(
Towards personal care... usual-- more water, more fruits and veggies, less junk.
Around the house... fruit flies!!! aaaauuuuuuggggggghhhh!!!!!!! Any foolproof way to get rid of them?? The kitchen is cleaned up and there is no food supply (that I can see!) but they're everywhere! I tried catching them with vinegar, but they ignored it!
On keeping home... I've created an "are we ready for the pool?" checklist. This is to get across to my sweet darlings that going to the pool isn't an inherent right, and that they do need to help me out around here! Its pretty extensive, but I think this might help keep the house in order. I wonder what that means for days like today when we just can't make it? I'm also making new chore charts that I'm pretty excited about. We're talking lamination and Velcro-- who doesn't love that???
I am thankful for.... the miracles of modern medicine! After our campout on Friday night, Alex just wasn't feeling well, and on Sunday, I realized it was a really bad allergy attack that was turning into an asthma attack. I decided to bring him in to his Dr. yesterday to make sure I was treating it properly, and I'm so glad I did! His breathing numbers were really low, and we discussed doing a more conservative approach versus a full on attack of it, but we chose the latter in the hopes that this doesn't turn into an infection. Oral steroids, neb treatments, allergy meds, .... he doesn't look so hot yet, but he says he feels "80%" better, as of last night. He felt 90% was too much, and 50% would be way too low!
A few plans for this week: busy, busy, busy!
Today, James is taking a trial Tae Kwon Do class, Alex has a baseball game (I think he'll be up for it... they do a lot of standind around in his team! Besides, its also only in the low 80's today) and I have an AHG meeting tonight
Wednesday, I have my 20 week ultrasound
Thursday, we have our last AHG troop meeting for the year
Friday, is our AHG end of year Awards Ceremony, as well as the IHM homeschooling conference.
I was really hoping to go this year, but its not looking good. Friday is going to be busy, and on Saturday, Jon is going to a shooting competition for charity with his friends, and that's going to take all day. Oh well, I'll figure it out!
Have a great week everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment