Friday, June 3, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday











I love the fact that other bloggers are giving me fodder on what to write on! Maybe I'll keep this going a bit more. As for now, I'm joining Jen over at Conversion Diary today!







1. The great NO TV experiment is going..... well, its going! I've got the satelite box in a cardboard box to bring to the UPS store to send back to the company today. Unfortunatley, I actually have to BRING it to the store since we don't have any packing tape. Lame, I know. But I've got other errands to run this morning.... (more on that next!). At the moment, I'm in the "removing" stage, and I'm working on the "adding alternatives" stage. I'm enforcing the "wii on the wii-kends only" rule (that's going over like a lead balloon), and we're heading over (hopefully) to a new library today. I'm happy to get some quality videos to watch, so long as we're not working on an "on-demand" basis any more. Oh, and we'll get books and stuff. Books and stuff rock.





2. We're going camping tonight with the cub scouts! Um, that means, I'm going camping for the first time ever in my life tonight. Thankfully, the weather should be nothing short of perfect, and I'm hoping for no freak tornadoes (I'm a little freaked out these days-- gee, I wonder why!). I'm a little paranoid about losing the almost 4yo and the almost 2yo, but my plan is to attach glo-sticks to their backs and never let them out of my sight. And tie them to trees whenever possible. Well, maybe not the last one.... Oh, so anyway, this ties to my errands today because I have to go buy a bunch of sneakers. We kinda live in sandles and flipflops around here, and they're not allowed on the site. More stuff to buy :(





3. On our errand run, hopefully, we're going to pick up our pool passes. Please say a prayer that they don't charge us for replacing all seven passes that I probably threw out last summer.....





4. Back to number 1, I'm going to check out Best Buy for the 2011 equivalent of bunny ears for our tv upstairs. Its been kinda nice having it so quiet, especially considering the fact that our evening tv viewing has been centered around people buying and selling other people's crap (this encompasses about five shows). However, I don't want to go so far in the dark ages that I can't turn on broadcast TV for the news if things go down, or have not have the ability to watch Curious George ever again. Its starting to feel like 1991 around here....





5. Wow, this is tougher than it looks. I've got fruit flies. Urgh. I'll attack the kitchen after I shower....





6. I've started organizing the learning room for our upcoming school year. The big unit is completley empty, and everything is in general piles. I'm going to take Alex up on his offer to organize all the schoolbooks. He told me the other day that he really likes organizing! I should have known-- he loves to straighten up the candy section in the checkout at the grocery store. At the moment, he's got his own room, and he cleans it on his own on a regular basis! I wish this would translate to the rest of the house....





7. ummmm.....thinking......I've really got to get off the computer during the day. Its amazing how much time gets wasted here! I did find a good idea yesterday, called the "ticket to summer", where the kids can earn tickets to fun things to do during the summer. I also like this summer list of things to do to make sure we get all the fun stuff in. Maybe that should be a seasonal thing? Oh, and I need to potty train Will. This is getting ridiculous...









Have a great weekend, everyone!!

No comments: