Outside my window... It is HOT HOT HOT this week! I got the kids out for a little bit this morning, and I think that's exactly what I'm going to do this summer-- after breakfast and morning chores, get them out front where its a little bit more shaded, and play until about 10, then head in for schoolwork. We'll see how it goes!
I am listening to... Lego Star Wars for the Wii. I'm fully intending to (rip the wiimotes from their hands and destroy them) calmly tell them AGAIN that they are finished and then store the wiimotes downstairs. In the mancave. Behind the fingerprint lock. If they are in Jon's room, then I have to go get them, and something tells me that my pregnant self isn't going to be that interested in hauling myself to the basement to get them on a regular basis. I did tell the kids that the Wii will only be only available on the "wii-kends" (ha! I crack myself up!) starting today (after above stated episode happens).
I am thankful... that we are getting a new AC unit for the upstairs tomorrow! It is, and this is a technical term: kaput. It was 95 degrees upstairs last night, so we camped out downstairs, and it wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world. I know, I shouldn't complain. However, it will be nice to sleep in my own bed and not roast!
I am praying... that this abortion mill doesn't open. How sad, sad, sad for the people of Minnesota! More importantly, for the babies....
From the kitchen... Lunch, if I get off my duffus and change these two diapers so I feed the kiddoes!
From the learning rooms... I'm actually looking forward to starting school! I had a small panic attack last night, but I'm really looking forward to working with Thomas Aquinas Academy and I should be getting my information in the next few weeks. In the meantime, I need to clean/purge/organize the learning room.
Living the Liturgical Year at Home... This is one of my favorite blogs. There are times when I figure she must have more hours in a week than I do, but then again, maybe she just uses her time more wisely than I do! Not to mention, I think I get from what she has written, that her mom used to live the liturgical year (kinda?) like this when she was little, so its not a crazy amount of work for her? I'd just love to incorporate some of this in our family. With that in mind, and taking it sloooooow, we're going to do a bit more (ahem, something) for Pentecost. I purchased Catholic Mosaic awhile back, and I'm going to order The Twelve Apostles by Marianna Mayer , but then again, I might see if the library has it. Looks pricey. I'd also like to make a Twelve Fruit Salad in honor of the Twelve fruits of the Holy Spirit, and maybe we'll write them out or something. On tongues of fire. That they wear on their heads. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.... :)
I am wearing... Shorts and a t-shirt. I mentioned how HOOOOOOT it is, right? ;)
Pondering these words... "Become brilliant in the basics of your faith." Those were words from our pastor's homily this weekend. Later that day, I was listening to a CD in the car by Matthew Kelly, who suggests keeping a Mass journal. He says to bring it to Mass every week, and ask God before Mass begins to tell you the one on thing He wants you to take from that Mass. It was a little backwards this week, but I got the message! I've been thinking about it in terms of "the usual arguments" -- why no women priests, why confess to a priest, why do you believe in the Eucharist, but it just hit me (hmmm, Holy Spirit?) that the one issue that keeps coming up to me that I really don't have a good answer for is: Why no contraception? I want to love without judging, but if I were walking down the street with someone and we were heading straight for an open grate, I'd tell my companion of the danger ahead, right? I need to do that here, too. Hmmm, looks like I've got some study ahead of me.
Noticing that... Ben has grown. He is just bigger, and looks like himself, more and more. I just have to remember to keep slowing down and paying attention.....
Towards personal care... As my brother left yesterday, he said to me, "take care of yourself," in that "I'm your big brother and I mean it" voice. It's just stuck with me. I am resolved to eat better every day (not going overboard, but just paying attention to what I'm putting in my mouth, and making sure I eat more fruits and veggies), and get more rest. I'm getting to the point where I just. tire. out.
Around the house... the usual. ;) I purchased some gorgeous material that I've had my eye on for a year now to make curtains for the family room, but I think I talked myself into returning it. I'm trying to reconcile having a comfortable, nice home, that still says "a family lives here and I won't have a coronary if someone spills something. again. today."
On keeping home... I'm still decluttering and organizing (little by little!) and I hope to nail down a meal schedule soon. I stink at that. I really want food prep and shopping to be easy. Oh, and the basement HAS to get organized. Its bad. We're talking "point of no return" bad.
One of my favorite things.. my new Droid. Its fun keeping up with everything, taking pictures, and with a few new apps I found, I've got a couple of free e-books that I've downloaded. I sat reading Pride and Prejudice last night (four sentences at a time).
A few plans for the week... aforementioned HVAC gets installed tomorrow (oh yeah!), Alex has baseball practice tonight (ugh) and a game on Saturday (double ugh-- see weather rant earlier), family camping this weekend with the cubscout pack (I was all gung ho about it, but now I'm getting second thoughts), purchasing pool passes hopefully today, maybe swinging by a new library system (because I HATE mine), organizing our summer.... man, there's a lot to do!!
Have a great week, everyone!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment