Outside my window... It. Is. Gorgeous!!! I love that the flowers are in full bloom, the leaves are on the trees, and its not a thousand degrees out there yet! I have to get myself outside today!
I am thinking.... that I'm not sure if my "friend" who cleans my kitchen and bathrooms is coming today, but if she is, I have to clean for her arrival. Irony of ironies....
I am grateful.... for a great weekend with my family in Philly! It was so nice to see my parents, brother and sister in law and thier children.
Fromthe learning room... I recently signed up with Thomas Aquinas Academy for next year, and am anxiously awaiting the return of our assesment- I know they're working on it now. Unfortunatley for the kids, school starts on July 1 this year. Honestly, they've had it darn easy this year!
From the kitchen.... Gotta find it. This seems to be a recurring theme. I think I'm going to make lemon chicken again for dinner. The first time it was fabulous, the second time, not so great. Its a Barefoot Contessa recipe, and I heard someone else online say they had the same experience with her recipes-- 1st time is great, second is a flop! I've also got to start making dinner in the morning so that I don't have to do anything much come dinnertime when my energy is kaput.
I am going... to get a steam cleaner from the grocery store and tell these carpets who is boss!
I am praying.... to be the wife and mother that God wants me to be and to do what is best for my family. Period.
I am listening to... one of my sweet darlings yelling at a smaller sweet darling for losing the batteries I bought this morning. Urgh.
Around the house... Usual. Clean, declutter, yell at kids for making huge messes, repeat.....
One of my favorite things... did I mention my friend who cleans for money? Or the trees and flowers? Or the steam cleaner at the grocery store? Apparently, my surroundings are important to my state of mind....
1 comment:
So glad to see a new post, Anne! You're not the only one for whom surroundings are important for your state of mind. :)
Post a Comment