This weekend, I needed a quick project to make me smile, and since I've had a weird love affair with paper since I was a child, I decided that I needed to beautify my recipe collection. Instead of a million little things all over the place, with a few used recipes somewhere in between, I decided to take the ones I actually used from this binder:
and start cutting up some really pretty paper that I found at Target:
And I ended up with this:
I've been looking around, trying to decide what else I can put in binders so I can decorate the outside. In fact, my new family planner arrived in the mail yesterday, and I had to cover it, too. It looks much better now, thank you very much!
This may turn into an obsession. Seriously, when I walk into any type of paper supply store, I just stand there for a minute and breathe deeply, taking in all the paper and pens, oh the possibilities . . .
Maybe that's why I like The Office so much . . .
1 comment:
I particularly like how the light is reflecting with such splendor off the liquor bottle behind your new recipe binder. The Method spray bottle is nice too, but it does not have the same brilliant radiance. (I do know that the binder was to be the focus, but I'm calling out the part that made me laugh.)
By the way, there are too many reasons to list why one should love Dunder Mifflin, but Brilliant White Cardstock 250 is not on mine. Have you had the opportunity to view the original BBC Ricky Gervais version? Brilliant. You must appreciate British humor and restraint and awkwardness, but it feels more masterful in its painfulness with the 2 season planned arc and Christmas special to wrap it up.
Once again, I have written a novel. Sorry.
Post a Comment