Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Great Purge, Part 2

Well, we were this close to a playdate at the park today, despite some residual sniffles, but James came down with a fever today, so we're offically having a "sick day," and I'm going to lay it easy with the kids. Hopefully, this will give me a chance to get some things done around here!

I haven't "closed the deal" on any of the rooms yet, but I've made some great progress. Here's where I stand now:

Family Room:
Done, just bring up shelves with buckets to contain the toys that make their way to this room

Kitchen:
Done, except under the sink. Oh, and I need to keep it clean. Sigh.

Dining room:
Now I have to move all the scrapbooking stuff that made its way to the table to the basement, but I'm not there yet.

Living Room:
Still need to do the shelves. Maybe today while Will is asleep. I'm still trying to figure out how to get them to "work"

Library:
Pretty much done, but need to go through all Homeschooling supplies and clean off my table. Relatively small project.

Hall Closet:
done

Master Bath:
Done

Master Bed:
mostly done, just need to move scrapbooking/craft stuff downstairs (see above),do ironing and start doing it every time it comes up so that I don't have a huge pile sitting around waiting for me every day, go through all the kids' summer clothes on my desk that have been sitting there since, you guessed it, last summer

Master closet:
pretty much done, just need to containerize Jon's "sporting goods". Its like having our own little "Modell's" in our closet . . .

As for the kids room, I really need to go through all the clothes and pare down. There's just waaaaaay to much to keep up with!

Linen closet:
Done

Guest bedroom:
Um, this kinda became a dumping ground. Now, before you get any ideas, these are things that are going to be stored there or in the basement that needed to be sorted through, but I haven't had the chance to yet, and if I left them out for little hands to get into, it would all get back into the general circulation and I'd have to check out. You get the idea. Bed linens, out of season clothing . . . oh my.

That brings me to the basement. So, so so much needs to be done down there, but we have made progress. That might be a post in and of itself. But for now, I have to clean the kitchen, and keep going. I will get this place done!

No comments: