Yesterday, I took little Will shopping at BJ's and Wegmans to finish up all the shopping that I didn't finish on Wednesday when my mil had the other three (because while I was in Wal-Mart a HUMUNGOUS storm rolled into our area and I nearly freaked out twice in Wal-Mart, first when the lights started flickering and I thought, "no WAY" am I going to find myself in the middle of a pitchblack Wal-Mart with a baby" so I made my way to the registers hoping to acutally pay for things and be near the exits in case the light did go kaput which thankfully they didn't, but while I was waiting I heard someone say something about a tornado warning and I freaked out the second time, because, c'mon, I was in a Wal-Mart people, I may have been in a trailer park just ASKING to be hit, and with all the horrible weather I decided to go back to my mil's house and wait out this tornado thing when I saw that Jon had called and he said that he heard that our area didn't have any power and could I please go home and check the subpump because when the power is out the subpump doesn't work and whenever it rains the pump goes nuts for a couple of days and Jon had visions of a flooded basement but was stuck at work and after a lot of hemming and hawing even though the storm had stopped I went home only to realize that when the power is out our house is a fortress and there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to get into the place so my good friend, "G", took the kids and me in for a few hours until Jon could call and say that the power was on and I could go home once the latest storm finally blew over and once I did and got the kids all nestled into their beds because it was about 9pm by this point, I went downstairs and it turned out that there was no water problem at all so in the end I had to go back yesterday to finish up my shopping).
pant.
Deep breath.
So, back to God and His sense of humor. I'm at BJ's, quickly filling up my cart when I realized that I COMPLETELY forgot to go through my BJ's coupon booklet to see if there was anything I could use. I decided this was something I should pray for. Sometimes, they have a few coupon sheets at the entrance, but as I was making my way over, I sent up a request. In fact, I added, if it was okay, it would be really cool if someone just happened to leave or drop one of those coupon booklets on the floor or something with some coupons I could use. Before I could turn the corner, there it was. The answer to my prayer-- someone had left a coupon booklet on the floor, right in front of me. I started looking through it, hoping for some serious money saving action, until I realized something--
Every single coupon had expired.
I guess sometimes, you need to be a little more specific with your prayers, and I think the Big Guy had a good chuckle over this one. In the end, I did have a little "inspiration," and checked at the information desk, and sure enough, they did have a couple for me.
Lesson learned;).
1 comment:
Great story! Oh my. You guys lost power?? We didn't at all through the tornado warnings and "Severe Weather Alerts" and all. We've actually only lost power here twice in our 2 years living here. Once was recently when a chunk of Northern Virginia lost power because of something that blew near Vienna. And another time was last summer (I think) for no apparent reason. Couldn't get in through the garage, so had to go around back. Don't you have a key for a back door or something? I would not be happy if I had no way in during a power outage! Man. Crazy!
Post a Comment