So sorry I've been delinquent. I almost forgot to tell y'all about this story-- and yes, its another "Catholic kid" story. I've got four Catholic kids, so you're gettin' the stories.
As we hustled our bustles into Church last Sunday I realized just as we approached the front steps that Alex was packing heat. His velcro Nerf gun to be exact.
It was tough not to laugh at first.
After I confiscated it and assured him that no one would touch the random gun that was hanging out in the narthex, we proceeded with Mass and donughts.
Mmmmm, dooouuughhhhnuuuuttsss . . ..
(Sorry, I got a little carried away there.)
As we were leaving, Jon started chatting with Father and Alex, remembering how he was padded down and searched before allowed into Church, made a beeline for his gun and retrieved it.
And shot it.
Before I even knew what was happening, Alex turned around and shot off a velcro dart that went flying over Fr. Peffly's head and landed . . . I don't know. . . someplace high.
Mortified. Simply mortified.
But that's why I keep the blog, right? So that some day, when they've grown, and I've all but completely lost my mind due to lack of sleep and the alcohol necessary to get me through the afternoon, I'll have a written record of all their antics. Some day, when someone coos over how responsible they are, I'll whip this out.
And I'll have another drink, and laugh in all my absentminded bliss.
No comments:
Post a Comment