Monday, July 7, 2008

For Bridget . . .

You wanna snippet of my daily life? Here's a snippet of my daily life:

I looked up from the kitchen to see my sweet little girl decending the staircase flipping me the bird.

Um, excuse me?

"Good morning, Katie" I said pointedly.

She kept looking back and forth between me and her perfectly outstretched little middle finger that she held out to me.

Finally, she said, "This is my pinky."

Ohhhh. Now I was onto a discussion where I tried to convince a three year old that she was wrong. It took me awhile, but somehow, the heavens shone upon me this time and I actually won this one.

Now that was classic. And that, as Bridget and I discussed, is a little life blurb.

And Bridget, I STILL can't think of what I was about to say that I forgot. Man, this is really bugging me!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kinda makes me wonder if she picked that up from one of my little ones! ;) Just kidding. She saw me do it. JUST KIDDING!!

Yeah, man, kids and the middle finger. It's all so innocent at this age. I think little kids are just thrilled when they finally have the motor skills honed enough to be able to achieve the middle finger solo!

And, yes, it's been bothering me a wee bit too that you can't remember. I bet it was nothing! I was wondering about it today, in fact! Better let this one go, or else we'll make it into some sort of obsession!!

But if you DO think of what it was...

:)

Anonymous said...

PS - It's such an honor to have a post with my name on it! Thank you for that! I feel so famous now!

Anne McD said...

I know-- I was just tickled to see me mentioned in yours!!