And I'm not referring to what the rain storm yesterday did to our backyard and what that entails for me. I'll get to that one soon enough.
Last week was insanely busy. The kids had Vacation Bible School, and I helped out in the nursery. It took the better part of the day, and was exausting. Couple that with Jon's hectic schedule (he worked over 100 hours in nine business days) and we were near collapse by the end of the week.
Maybe that's why the kids got the stomach flu.
James got hit early Saturday morning, and we didn't think too much of it as we got ready to go to Jon's parent's lakehouse. Until Katie barfed on the ride back. Unfortunatley, she ate A LOT that day. After another midnight episode with Katie, and on Sunday, a mid morning episode with James and another afternoon episode from Katie, I think we're in the clear. We split up going to Mass in the hopes of avoiding yarfing all over our new church.
Alex never seemed to get sick, but that night, he was up too (Jon and I got about, hmmm, no sleep that night) coughing and coughing. His allergies had been bothering him, so I gave him some Benadryll and sent him back to bed. Long story short, the coughing was worse in the morning and I realized after awhile that he was wheezing. A confirmation from his Dr's office later, we were en route to the ER. Its amazing how "inability to breathe" can get you bumped up in line. But he wasn't that bad, considering how the triage nurse kept looking back and forth between his paperwork and him for a few seconds. Anywayyyyy, he can breathe, he's on meds, he had an "allergy induced athsma attack" and we'll be heading to the Dr for a checkup on it today.
Trouble runs in threes, right? I kept calling Jon to update him on how it was all going down, and the last time I called from the hospital, Will was crying. Jon explained that he had been crawling all the way up the stairs by himself (his latest trick) and just before the phone rang he heard "thud, thud, thud, thud."
Guess who that was.
Thankfully, he was fine, because I really didn't want to make the trip all the way back out to the hospital with another child. The worst part was listening to him as I was speaking to Jon, saying, "mamamamamamamamammama."
Heartbreaking.
So yes, that was my weekend. Part two of this was already mentioned earlier. I'll give you a little preview:
Remember the pyrex shrapnell?? That was nothing . . .
2 comments:
Oh man. That is horrible! I hope everyone is better now! Poor kids! Poor parents!!
Yeah, how about that crazy storm Sunday night!?! I thought our trees were going to lift off! We didn't have any major damage. Just one big limb that came down near our fence and a bunch of leaves stuck on the windows. No biggie.
Can't wait to hear part 2!
Oooooooohhhhhh, I shudder with fear... If part 1 was that bad and it was just a lead in, part 2 promises to be a bumpy ride.
Post a Comment