ANNE'S A SLACKER!!!
Like all of you don't know me and that I slack. A lot. In fact, the jeans I'm curren't wearing are "slacks style".
'Betcha didn't know that.
Okay, so some random things from right now.
I just helped Will press the button on a star wars toy-- either r2d2 or c3po-- not sure which. You know, the moving trash can one.
We went to NY for just after Christmas. Kathleen can attest to this: Jon says the house is trying to kill him. Thanks to about 100 years of accumulated mold in the basement, we're all fighting allergies which turned into wicked headcolds (btw- Mom said you got hit hard. Are you feeling better?)
I'm sorry no one got a Christmas card from me, but its not my fault. Blame Leaflet Missal Co. It would have been beautiful. Imagine getting this in the mail with a quaint message, like, "We hope you have a fabu Christmas, and that your New Year rocks like Dick Clark is running the show," with this picture
And you would have said, "oh, what cute kids" and hung it on your fridge for a few months until you get the urge to declutter and you come across it and wonder, really, what should you do with it because you always feel bad about pitching pictures of other people's kids, but really, what are you going to do, scrapbook it? After all, whenever you find pictures of other people's kids in your parents' stash of pics, you wonder who the heck they are and reall, do they have to be so funny looking (especially the one in the back) so really, I just spared you from having to make that sometimes really difficult decision.
You're welcome.
Well, I need to get the kiddos into bed. The hubs is on his way home, and I might have to have anohter glass of wine after I'm done with this chore. I've actually been pretty good about not yelling and disciplining without unleashing fury on them today, but man alive, after James started screaming at Harris Teeter this afternoon, I thought they were going to ask us to leave.
That's when I bought the wine.
Have a good evening y'all, and I'll get back to this eventually.
9 comments:
What a sweet photo, Anne! I really need to get out to N.Va. sometime this year so I can meet those kiddos in person. Wouldn't it be grand if we (all of the great Christendom gals who comment here) could all have a reunion of sorts this summer or fall?!
YES!! We should totally plan this--no, Angela, you should totally plan this.... :) If I get a hold of it, nothing will happen.
Anne, really, your kids are so darn pretty.
We haven't sent out our Christmas cards either. We took some pictures, but none came out good enough, then we got the puking sickness, then a head cold on Christmas that is still lingering. Christmas pictures with the kids holding puke bowls or with tissue up their noses just wouldn't cut it, so, we have to take more and we might be sending them out in a week or two. :)
But, Jason, that would be an "authentic" Christmas picture!
Okay, if a reunion is planned, weekends are good because then Daddy can babysit for free and not miss work. Also, summer is better for those of us with children who attend school. I guess that's just me...no, wait, Bridget sends her kids to school too! Phewf, no need for an "I meant to homeschool, really" inferiority episode after all.
It would be fun ladies!!! Maybe a couple discounted rooms at the National and some spa time at Relache might be in order, nay?
Lauren, don't you dare let me guilt you into not homeschooling! Especially if there's a trip to Nationl hanging on the line! Seriously, maybe we should think about this.....
I love that picture. Katie looks JUST like you. Your very own mini-me! They are all completely adorable and Will has that whole "cherub" thing going on that Alex had at that age. For the record, I would have kept the picture. :)
REUNION AT ANNE'S HOUSE!!!! Great idea!
Oh, and I also would have kept the picture. I have kept ALL Christmas card that we have received through the years.
Oh, and as far as Homeschooling. I totally support it. However, I feel no guilt in sending the kiddies to school. I know the school they go to is doing a WAY better job than I ever did. I'd feel guilty if I did homeschool, because my kids wouldn't get the attention they need as individuals in different grades. But that's totally just me. I should know, I homeschooled Michael for Kindergarten. Yeah. That was back when he only had ONE sibling distracting him! Man alive, now that I have 4, I am totally blessed that Michael and Teresa are in school!
Why is it that I can babble on and on in everyone's comments sections, but I can't bring myself to post on my own blog? Wow, sorry so chatty here. Anyway, yes, ladies, would LOVE a reunion!
Post a Comment