Monday, July 20, 2009

So Many Blog Posts, So Little Time.

I was going to tell you how sad I was that Billy Mayes died.

I was going to tell you about how sick I am over how sad people are that Michael Jackson died.

I was going to tell you what I thought about why Jon & Kate's marriage died.

I was going to tell you how much I love Stanley Steamer, now that my house looks like it kinda has new carpets (c'mon, five years of neglect can only come so clean).

I was going to tell you about the new stovetop that I was supposed to get on Friday, but the GE guy never showed and when he came today he had to order the stupid thing, so he fixed the fridge instead and now it doesn't emit a high pitched hum anymore, but it finally does emit filtered water (which is great, b/c the tap smells like a public pool).

Okay, I guess I just got you up to date. Great. Now I can share this:

Rick Rocks.

enjoy!

5 comments:

Angela Pfister said...

Yay, Anne! So glad to see you back to the blog. Encore, encore!

Anne McD said...

Thanks, Angela!! And how are you, my dear????

Oh, I want to, I really do!! Get ready for the mundane! :)

Angela Pfister said...

Please bring on the mundane, Anne! What you call mundane, I call a breath of fresh air and a glimmer of the real world. I think Chesterton may have called it the wilds of domesticity.

Whatever it is called, it will be a delightfully refreshing change from parsing out insurance contract language and formulating the best procedural and strategic response to extricate a client from a lawsuit, which have been among my more enjoyable activities as of late. All is good on this front - grateful for good work not too far from home and still praying to find Sean Murphy. :) (That is still my best April Fools joke ever - sorry, Torey, that you had to be my victim, but if I recall, you may have gotten some mileage out of it, too. :))

Torey said...

Anne,
Oh, so glad I checked your blog today. I was wondering when you were coming back, or if you were off nesting or having a baby somewhere. When are you due again? Or can I figure that out from the widget on your sidebar? I've missed you!!!! Can you please come back to Facebook too?

And Angela,
You better work a little harder to find Sean Murphy. Or I'm going to have to come up there and find him for you. ;)

Angela Pfister said...

Torey, I'm trying, honest! If I need a Yente, though, I'll give you a call. :o)