Hey there.
I'm not going to do a Daybook entry. I'm not going to do a "Seven Quick Takes" (besides, its Wednesday, not Friday, and that would be a MAJOR faux pas.....). I'm just going to fill you in on what I like to call: life.
1. Puking kids. Nothing like having your entire, and I mean ENTIRE month of June shut up indoors because you're not sure who is going to lose thier lunch next. We hit early July and I thought we were done. Then Ben threw up again. I got the kiddoes in my favorite PA at the Ped's office (the one who treats me like I might actually have some clue as to how to take care of my children), and after a negative strep test she asked how our gluten free diet has been going.
Ummmm. Huh. What gluten free diet?
It goes like this. I get preggers with number six and sit my way through the first trimester, sick as a dog. (Question, how many sick dogs are really out there? I've never had one, and if they really are sick on a regular basis, I don't think I'm really interested in ever getting one!) My interest is to eat anything that I can keep down and I hate to tell you my friends, but that's gluten. If its in the house, its practically cruel to tell the kids no. Then, it snowballed. Yes, I know, I a bad mother.
Would you like me to make a list of all my vices, so as to save you some time? I'd be happy to do it. :)
Long story somewhat shorter, we took the kids in to the vampire clinic on Saturday morning with the rest of the surrounding area to get bloodwork done on four of the five. Yes, one didn't need it because he's already tested positive and yes, I was letting him eat gluten and yes, I'm a bad mother, see above.
We get the results this week. This may sound strange, but I"m kinda hoping they all test positive. 1. Its easeir to say no to all rather than some. 2. Since puking is a common symptom in kids, my PA thinks they may have all hit the wall at the same time. Less puking is a good thing. It reeeeeaaaaly puts a damper on our social life. 3. Irratibilty is also a symtom in kids, so maybe with a gluten free diet, the kids will stop fighting. Mama's going to dream, so let me, 'k?
So now, we're in a holding pattern, but not for long. But I do need to clean out the house. Urgh. Poor Jon. His home will probably become his gluten free castle. However, he did make a kick-ass gluten free coffee cake after Mass this weekend, so that just shows what a good sport he is. Gotta love the hubs. :)
*************************
Speaking of the hubs, he will be returning from Cali tonight.
YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the part where I get down on the floor and bow down in awe before all millitary wives and all wives who's husbands' work sends them all over creation for extended periods of time.
I. Couldn't. Hack. It.
The kids kept horrid hours (okay, that happens when he's home, too, but I have to blame something), I slept with half the lights on, and every bump in the night makes my skin crawl.
I'll be a much happier mama tonight. :)
*************************
Katie has been going to Spa Camp this week and its not fair. Nails painted on Monday, Pedicures and foot massages on Tuesday, and today, they're making bath salts.
Its wrong to be so jealous of a six year old girl.
She does have four brothers to contend with, however, so she gets a free pass on this one. Actually, I have to leave to go get her.....
*************************
Ben poured milk all over my netbook last week and I haven't had the heart to try to turn it on. It doesn't look good.
*************************
Our books for school have started coming in and I'm really getting excited about this year. Lets see if the kids will catch the spirit. Dreaming, I know....
Okay, gotta run. Lots to do. Gotta pick up the Kate-ster, James has Karate, Alex has weeblos, the house is a mess, I've got phone calls to make, I"m hoping that the oxiclean is taking the blue out of my laundry (I'll lell you about that one later.....), and we have to get ready to go off in different directions next week.
Sigh.
Bye!
1 comment:
So are you back to gluten free again???
Post a Comment