Hello there, dear faithful reader! Anyone? Someone? (crickets... crickets....)
So, I was reading my own blog for fun and giggles this weekend. Basically, I wanted to be reminded about what type of blogger I am. They're all different, and I guess I wanted to make sure I was sticking to my roots.
That reminds me, I could use some serious color in my hair.
So. In all humility, I must say, I find myself rather amusing. I had so much fun reading these old posts, because I was reminded of some really funny things I thought, or hilarious things the kids say to me, or just how amusing life can be in general. And I'm glad I captured it.
Even if the hubs doesn't get my sense of humor. :)
Then I realized, some of my more recent stuff was kinda, um, how do you say.....dull.
I think I was reading too many other people's blogs and got to thinking that I needed to be more like them. Funny, I like to read so many types of blogs, but there was a sense that there is a "right" way. However, I don't like to write the way other women do in thier blogs that I really love.
My point?
I gotta be me. I'm not the "I've got it all together, homeschooling, Catholic mommy, who never loses her temper and does a liturgically correct craft/dessert/coloring page for every pertinent day."
I LOOOOVE to read those blogs!
And yes, I know, they don't have it all together, either. No one is perfect, and I don't fault any woman anything she puts on her blog. We're all putting on little snippets, not the whole enchilada.
All I'm trying to say, is that if I'm trying to replicate the "feeling" that I get from another blog, then I'm robbing myself of the joy of writing what I'm interested in, and maybe, just maybe, I'm robbing one of my four readers of such a "feeling."
To think that I do that for anyone is an honor.
Smile.
I've always been a laughter type person. Maybe its the endorphin rush, and its far less work than getting my tush out the door and running somewhere, only to end up where I started. And no, things aren't all sunshine and lollipops because we'd all be sunburnt with tummyaches.
I just want to be who I am and not be so scared that someone isn't going to like me for who I am.
Wow. That got deep.
For crying out loud, I'm almost 35, and I really don't want to wait another five years to get to the point where I don't fear rejection anymore.
Heck, do we ever get there?
Maybe its another "leaf turning day". You know, when for some reason, you just say to yourself, "darn it, this is me, this is what I want, and I'm going to do it!" Not in a "screw the world or the people I care about," kinda way, just more like an "I'm going to buy two old chairs from the Salvation Army and paint them a color I like and cover them in fabric I love and not give a rats bootie if people don't like them!" kinda attitude.
The hubs does get a vote in this, by the way, and he's on board for the chairs. Sweet guy. :)
So. What should you expect from me? Stories of porkchops left at Safeway, stories of crazy women at Starbucks and the baristas who insult them that only exist in my head, and stories of my nutty little children who say the funniest things, even if I'm the only one who thinks its funny.
And, I apologize for all the accounts of my children who apparenlty haven't met a stomach bug they haven't shown some serious hospitatilty towards. If nothing else, I realized that they puke too much and I'm a little concerned about that. More fruits and veggies, handwashing and dirt eating. Its gotta be good for them.
Oh, and more pictures. The blog is desperate for pictures. And I'll probably redecorate this place on a regular basis, because its just what I do.
But that's it. Me. And I'll have a great time reading everyone elses' blogs, because I love hearing about other people's lives. Just who they are. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment