So. I had my 37 week checkup this morning.
Suffice it to say, it pretty much started with me saying to my OB, "This isn't fun anymore and I'm ready to be done." I like it when they agree with me.
She had a med student with her this morning. The same thing happened last time I was in two weeks ago, but thankfully, that guy didn't, um, get too personal, ifyaknowwhatimean. Although, it was apparently the most difficult thing in the world for him to properly measure my swelling orb of a belly with a paper tape measure, and it took him an inordinately long amount of time to do so.
See, digressing again.
Today's chica in training was very nice. I love how they are so polite with me. I'm more than happy to have the students paraded into the exam room when I'm there because, lets face it, I'm far more interesting than a textbook. Hey, they've got to learn somehow, and I'd rather it not be on the job training, and that someone who has been dealing with the business end of birthing babies for many a year is standing next to them quizzing them about body parts I didn't even know I HAD until I had my first. But yes, this is my sixth, and I understand that we're looking for the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler and really, I welcome your cold hands because now that I'm reaching the endgame my hormones are going bezerk and I'm having hot flashes like a fifty year old woman.
(Sorry Jason, you might want to skip ahead here. Up to you. :) )
So, Baby Extractor in Training was given the first go around to see how things are "progressing". With all the trouble she was having I was beginning to think that my cervix had migrated its way up to my throat in the past two weeks, or just disappeared all together. Aaaaand, this would be why I want to learn now instead of when they have the letters "MD" after their name. No! Wait! I take that back, the REAL doctor checked first, got her answer, and then wanted to see if she could figure me out. She didn't want to "spoil the surprise".
Oh, don't tease me so, Dr. Anderson, don't tease me!
3cm dilated, and 75% effaced.
In my world, that says, "Okay folks, now that all your electronic devices have been turned off and your trays and setbacks are in their upright and locked positions, the cabin crew has finished checking to make sure all your crayons are stowed properly, and we're heading to the tarmac to wait for Air Traffic Control to give us the go ahead!"
***********************************************
Good morning, folks, its now Saturday morning. I started this post last night, so here's my update.
Basically, last night, engine's fired up, we started running down the runway aaaaaandddd...... ATC called us back to the gate, and we're not sure when we get to go.
Urgh.
With Ben, I went in even though we had the same situation. I ended up being induced and was there ALL DAY. Not looking to repeat that one, but I also don't want to give birth somewhere between here and l'hopital.
Then, there's child care. I thought this was sorted out, but I really don't think it is, and The Hubs and I get to have another conversation about "The Inlaws" and what we need. This is going to be fun.
Well, I hear chaos and mayhem upstairs, and I'm supposed to be coloring right now. I'll keep you posted!
3 comments:
Praying for you sister friend!!!!
Praying for a safe and swift (after child-care situation is finalized and you've arrived at the hospital swift) arrival of the newest McDonald!
Thanks, ladies! Child car has been figured out once an dfor all (sig of relief here)!
Post a Comment