Thursday, September 29, 2011

Trust

That's where I am.

No baby yet.  I've got an appt tomorrow morning, but as I know all too well, the last doctor who checked me has a tendency to be, shall we say, optimistic.  Chances are, I'll get in there tomorrow, and I'm locked up like Fort Knox.

We've been having some issues in terms of who is going to take care of the kids for us.  Lets just say that the most logical people to swoop in and take care of them (*cough*grandparents*cough) have been a little unpredictable with regards to whether they can watch the kids.  Now we find out that they'll be hosting a party out of town this weekend and its been on the books for months.  Really?  Cause my due date's been on the books for almost a year. 

This has led to my having to check with friends who all have husbands and kids and schedules to see if they can help me out this weekend if it turns out to be the big event.

Can I just say, I've got the best friends in the world.

Oh, and did I mention that the Hubs was diagnosed with Strep Throat this morning?  That makes things interesting.

In all reality, I think the rest of us had it last week or so ago, when we had three puking kids and a few stomach issues.  And that's what I'm really hoping for, too, since the best way to say, "thanks for taking my kids while I was birthin' a baby" really isn't, "and here's some Strep to thank you for your trouble."

But then again, I have the best friends in the world.  One of whom, with a slew of kids called me today and said, "I saw Jon's sick, don't worry about us, if we get sick, we'll go on antibiotics."

Did I mention my friends rock?

I also have to wonder about how soon the hospital will let the Hubs into L&D with strep throat.  If we can hold off until tomorrow morning at the earliest, then we'll have 24 hours of antibiotics in him, and we should be Kosher. 

So, what does this do with "Trust?"   Everything.

This baby will come when God wants him or her to come.  How many times have we gone through a wild and crazy ride that didn't make any sense to us at the time, only to say afterwards, man, am I glad it happened then or in that way.  If I had had the baby last week with the false labor, we'd have a newborn in the house with a daddy down with "The Strep."  Maybe the kids aren't supposed to be with the grandparents for whatever reason.  Who knows.

All I know is that the more I let go of trying to plan out the baby's arrival and fret over the details, the calmer I am about the whole thing.  Not to say that I haven't had my mini-meltdowns over some snafus.   But in the end, the baby will be born on God's timing.  And His timing is always perfect.

1 comment:

KackyK said...

Hey! Can't wait to see the new little one! I nominated you too for the Stylish Blogger Award...here is the link to my post http://assumption-academy.blogspot.com/2011/10/stylish-blogger-award-2011.html