Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I'm resolute in my resolutions

And a Happy New Year to one and all!

Apparently, my grandmother used to say, "Be careful what you do on the first day of the year, because you'll be doing it all year long!" So with great care this morning, I started planning out all the cool things I was going to do today so I don't get stuck with a lame year. Then I remembered that I'm not superstitious, so I got up, spit on the floor, threw some salt over my shoulder and avoided black cats and ladders for the rest of day. I think I should be all right.

I was thinking about the business of New Year's resolutions this morning. In particular, my own. Now, I don't religously make resolutions, but I don't avoid doing it either. And I'm certainly not one of the "I make new resolutions every day" posers. Please. I lump these people in with the "I don't need St. Valentine's day to tell me to be romantic," and the "Let's just agree to disagree" groups.

Sigh.

This morning, I decided to make some resolutions. Sure, I want to get in shape, have a better prayer life, get organized, climb Mt. Everst and finish my Christmas shopping by October 1st, just like everyone else. But that doesn't make for an interesting blog entry, now does it!

So, in no particular order, here are my resolutions for this year:

1. I resolve to fold and put away every load of laundry immediately after I take it from the dryer so that my bedroom floor does not resemble a dressing room at Marshall's at the end of a very long Saturday.

3. I resolve to write more often on my blog. Because I know the three of you love to read it. :)

9. I resolve to put on a little make up and not look like the night of the living dead every time I walk out of the house.

2. I resolve to learn my numbers.

hee hee hee.


But seriously, I hope you all hade a wonderful New Year's celebration (even if you slept through it-- I should have done the same!) and I wish you many blessings in the New Year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"3. I resolve to write more often on my blog. Because I know the three of you love to read it. :)"

YAY!!!!!

Anne, I also would like to put away all the laundry as it comes out of the dryer. I actually did this once this week and I felt SO good about it! And I love that feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction that comes with (what should be) completing a small task! I can separate the laundry into each person's clothes, but putting them away never works!

Otherwise, we get a million piles of clothes all over the place. In the family room, by the front door, on the stairs, in my room, outside the linen closet and outside the kids rooms. Piles and piles and piles and piles....

Yeah. But if you take one dryer-load at a time, it should be simple! A dryer can only hold one pile! :)

Anne McD said...

A week! I'm impressed-- I can only keep it going for a day or two! My biggest problem is I decide to throw a load in when I have a second--there has to be a happy medium in there somewhere!!

Unknown said...

Yes, my house is the land of piles!