Wednesday, September 24, 2008

How ya like them apples?



Well, everyone else was doing it, so I figured I would too. Happy Autumn, everyone! I've been feathering the nest around here with a bit of atumnal decorating, put out couple of mums on the front porch, etc. I really, really love this time of year. The smell of fires burning, the crispness in the air that begs for another layer, pumpkin spiced lattes from Starbucks, the crazy angle of sunlight that glares through the trees after the leaves have fallen off that's straight in your eyes as you're driving in the afternoon and you feel a killer migrane coming on . . . oh, sorry, this was supposed to be good things about fall.

How about apple picking? We did that almost two weeks ago, and it was just so much fun! Here's a couple of picutres:



Okayyyyyy, so Blogger is being a major pain in the heiny about posting pictures and is taking forever to post ONE picture, and apparently is putting it in the wrong spot. Urgh.

Lets try this again:


Why, oh WHY DOES BLOGGER PUT ALL MY PICTURES AT THE BEGINNING OF THE POST???

Breathe.

I'm going to bed now. Tomorrow, I'll show you why I think a man in a uniform is so attractive. Of course, there will be a picture. And, of course. It will be at the beginning of the post.

Whether I want it there or not.

Nighty night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anne, when you have multiple pictures, they always post in the beginning of your post. HOWEVER, you can CUT and PASTE each individual image code and plop it into the middle of your post when you want!

OK, as for a men in uniform being so attractive! He's a little story for ya! So about 4 years ago, when Michael was going to St. Andrew's for Pre-K, I would take little 1 year old baby Teresa with me to drop him off and pick him up. We took a variety of routes home. Sometimes 66, sometimes 29. Well, one day, after dropping off Michael, Baby Teresa and I made our way back home via 29. What a treat THAT day was for me! Driving through the battle field that day, as we were passing the little stone bridge that goes over Bull Run creek, I glaced to my right and noticed nothing. But then came my double-take. About 20 military guys were on the stone bridge all in camo. I nearly drove off the road. It was such a cool sight! I thought about turning around and taking Teresa on a "spontaneous" stroll on that path, but decided against it. Ultimately because she was a little tired and grumpy. But to this day I wish I had. And to this day, I never leave home without my camera!!!

I will never forget those guys! WOO WOO!!!

Yes, Jason knows this story, and he laughs at me every time I recall that wonderous, magical day! ;)