Through our Christendom connection, some of you may have known the VanderWoudes. Earlier today, Tom VanderWoude, the patriarch of the famiy, died in a tragic accident. I'm unclear of the details, but essentially, his youngest son, who has Downs Syndrome, fell into the septic system on their farm, and he jumped in to rescue him. Joseph, his son, survived, and is expected to make a full recovery, but Tom gave his life for his son. I got to know him and his wife, Mary Ellen, this past year, while helping out with the flowers at Easter. He was a good man, and seemed very light-hearted, that I knew, at least. He always had a kind smile, and a twinkle in his eye. A sweet, sweet man.
Eternal rest, grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul, and the souls of all the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen. Dear Blessed Mother, please pray for him and his family, especially Mary Ellen.
1 comment:
Very sad. I heard the news yesterday.
Here is a local Fox news video on it:
http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7387579&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.2.1
Post a Comment