Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I knew I shouldn't clean the kitchen

I just killed the garbage disposal onece and for all. Well, it finally overheated, since its clogged, and I can't find the allen wrenches to fix the problem to the best of my immediate internet-education.

And what have you managed to destroy today?

9 comments:

lj tanner said...

I've clogged mine, ohhhhh, 8 times or so now. The clog isn't actually in the disposal, but rather in the horizontal PVC pipe going across from the disposal to the gooseneck PVC drain pipe. Get a bin underneath before you disassemble. (I assume you have PVC and not metal pipes since you have a newer home.) There are simple collars to disassemble, then you can get the potato peels or egg shells or whatever out of the pipe. If your clog is further on, you should only have to go back to the wall where the vertical drain has a larger diameter. If your issue is actually with the disposal, God help you.

Anne McD said...

thankfully, it just took a reset button push and a turn of the allen wrench at the bottom to return it to its former glory (which wasn't all that much).

I pray I won't have to take it apart and pull out old, gross food.

I might not make it.

Unknown said...

My disposal died a horrible death last summer. I replaced it (myself thank you) but for some reason it leaked. So, I had to take the whole dang thing apart again, and put it back together again. This time it worked and it has been great. Our old one was bottom of the line, so I upgraded to a middle of the line disposal and man, does it chew up food. Glad to hear you don't have to install a new one.

Anne McD said...

But if I do, I know who to call!!

Room4mre said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Room4mre said...

We lost ours before. Once in Centreville and once here. Rich is good and changing them and they aren't too expensive. (~$100).

lj tanner said...

You are a lucky girl. The reset button worked for my first clog, and I thought, "That was easy!" Imagine my surprise when it did not help AT ALL the next time.

Who's ready to tally up the laundry, all y'all?!?

lj tanner said...

Ok, I understood the rules. The load of whites currently washing does not count, but…


Drum roll, please.


My hampers…………………are empty.


TA-DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last time I could honestly make that statement was after my Mom had stayed with us to help when Lucy was born (and Mom did all the laundry, not me).

Lucy just turned NINE.

Anne McD said...

LOL-- I totally understand, Lauren!!!