Okay. We're back. So, that was quick! After my last post, I made short work of the living room and dining room. Didn't find the remote, though. I did, however, find an old sippy cup with OJ (ugh), a container of ground cinnimon, a small ramikan, and the living room floor. Then, inspiration hit. That's usually how St. Anthony works with me. That crazy, "hey, why didn't I think of that before, oh, yeah, because it doesn't make any sense but what the hey, lets try it now anyway" idea. Where should we check?
In the couch.
Mind you, not the couch cushions, acutally IN the couch.
I've noticed over the past couple of years that its getting heavier as we move it, and you can actually hear "stuff" inside it. Basically, "stuff" falls under the back cushions and into the seat itself. Its all held in by that think layer of fabric under the bottom of the couch.
Until now.
I suggested to Jon that we give it a shot, and he went for it.
Guess what we found?
The Mother Load.
That's right, folks, no less than five remotes, Jon's cell phone that he lost a year ago, and the other cordless phone that we just haven't been able to find.
All fell down the couch.
Please consider this a formal apology to William. Sweet Will, we are so sorry that we automatically accused you for throwing away all that stuff we've been missing for so long. In the end, the couch ate it all. Please accept our deepest and sincerest apologies.
For the record, the couch also swallowed several pens, crayons and markers, several puzzle pieces, Easter candy (and wrappers), playing cards, gears, costume jewerlry, untold numbers of cars and one silver Thomas train.
Oh, and a library book that I paid for about 8 months ago. Jon was happy until I told him that we own it now.
So, I'll be stopping by the poor box with my donation to St. Anthony and a prayer of thanksgiving. What was lost is now is found, and some of it still remains at the bottom of the couch. We got the good stuff. The rest was trashed, and the rest/rest, just istn't worth it.
6 comments:
When I scrolled down to the photo, I started to LOL! Yes, St. Anthony does rock - a favorite of mine.
Ah, yes, good St. Anthony. He has helped me find dropped gas-permeable contacts on multiple occasions (I don't want to be half-blind!!), car keys, children's school project directions the night before it's due (naturally after 2-3 wks procrastination), and really important stuff like Best Buy receipts needed to return electronics and $100 spa certificates too. He is a gracious and understanding Saint, answering prayers both serious and ridiculous alike.
That is totally amazing. 5 remotes! Yikes. I know we have some junk rattling around inside our couch too, but I think it's just toys. Guess we'll see when we move. Did you have to cut some of the fabric off the bottom of the couch to get all the stuff out?
yes-- we essentially gave the couch a c-section. Just a small rip across the bottom and Jon started fishing things out.
Maybe we'll get a show on TLC now?
Woah, woah, woah. Now wait one second here. You can't possibly believe that the kids aren't partly to blame, can you?
Dude, yes our couches have eaten things all on their own. HOWEVER, I have also caught my kids SHOVING STUFF into the couch itself! Yes, it's true. They find a hole, they decide that it's a great place to "store" important things. You know, like spoons and forks. Oh yeah! Mostly Patrick does this. But I have caught some of the others doign this too.
But you are 100% right about St. Anthony. He and I are tight! Which reminds me of a great story for my blog that I will post tomorrow.
PS - what the hell is a ramikan?!?!??!??!?!?!?
Post a Comment