Monday, December 8, 2008

7 Quick Takes

1. As you may have read in the comments, Jon and I celebrated 8 marvelous years of marriage by getting slightly tipsy on some fabu mojitos on Saturday night at a Cuban resturant not too far from here. Lesson learned-- call the babysitter more often.

2. One of the kiddos is currently in one of the longest time outs he's ever had, and I'm afraid to go upstairs and find out what he's up to, but then again, I gots to go.

3. I haven't started Christmas shopping yet. Gotta eat that frog.

4. After reading a random blog yesterday, I decided to throw caution to the wind and go back to the fabric store and just start buying yards of the beautiful fabrics I saw. I know, I know, sit down ladies, I"m getting wild and crazy here...

5. I never realized how much I missed seeing Angela's handwriting until I recieved a Christmas card from her the other day (kudo on getting the cards out btw).

6. I finally ordered my cards today. I think they are so simply beautiful, but you'll have to wait until at least February to see yours (HA!)

7. Baby's crying. No time to think of a seventh.

4 comments:

Torey said...

Okay, I'll bite. What are your plans for the yards and yards of beautiful fabric? Quilting? Curtains? Clothes a la The Von Trapp Family Singers?

p.s. after seeing the small words site I'm thinking I need to start my own web business. Just in the thinking stage here but it's gonna be big I tell you!

Angela Pfister said...

How sweet of you Anne to mention me in one of your seven quick takes! :) (I knew that if I didn't work on them over Thanksgiving, they would never see the inside of a mailbox.)

I'm with Torey on the curiosity about the fabric - what fun projects are in store? I got far too excited about my lovely fabric purchase on Friday to cover the tops of jelly jars (not the traditional country or floral - sophisticated and classic looking). Sometimes I need professional help. :)

Torey, let me know when the stock options in the biz become available, okay?!

Angela Pfister said...

ps, I miss seeing your handwriting, too, but most of all I miss seeing you! Hopefully 2009 will have a trip to N. VA in store for me.

Anne McD said...

Honesly, I have no idea what to do with the fabric, but it was just soo cute!! I might make some curtains for the basement-- maybe some quilting, but there are just so many projects I want to finish! I'll let you know when I know!